Awards Highlight Innovation in Snacking
Arlington, VA, September 17, 2021 – SNAC International today announced the winners of SNAXPO21’s Flavor of the Year Awards. SNAXPO21, held in Charlotte, NC, brought together leading suppliers, producers, and emerging tastemakers from across the snack supply chain. The event featured the latest in ingredients, technology, sanitation solutions, packaging, equipment and more.
“Among a long list of factors fueling growth in snacking, taste consistently reigns supreme,” said Elizabeth Avery, President and CEO, SNAC International. “It is wonderful to see such innovative and forward-leaning flavors from our members that participated in this much anticipated contest.”
SNAXPO 2021 highlighted innovation in snacking, and attendees had the opportunity to savor a full range of on-trend and emerging new flavors at SNAXPO’s fourth annual Flavor Pavilion, sponsored by SNAC International and Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery. New this year, the Pavilion featured two distinct categories of flavors: sweet and savory. Attendees sampled the submissions from nine leading flavor and seasoning suppliers, voted on their favorite, and the Flavor of the Year Awards were announced at the SNAXPO Closing Party on Tuesday, August 24.
The top three for the Sweet Flavor category included:
- Winner: Elite Spice for its Mocha Latte flavor. This sweet chocolate, creamy dairy, and rich roasted coffee taste combined all the flavors of a classic coffee house latte in one bite.
- Commercial Creamery earned a second place finish with its Sweet Dukkah flavor.
- Gamay Food Ingredients took third place with its Chocolate Strawberry Acai flavor.
The top three for the Savory Flavor of the Year included:
- Winner: Gamay Food Ingredients for its Spicy Pho flavor. Served on a kettle chip, this seasoning is consistent with an authentic Vietnamese noodle dish with warm spices and herbs, as well as ginger, lime and just the right amount of heat.
- Commercial Creamery earned second place for its Creamy Avocado flavor.
- Carolina Ingredients earned third place for its Organic Chimichurri flavor.
“The snacking industry is built on a culture of constant improvement, and I look forward to seeing the ongoing innovations in snacking in 2022 and beyond,” concluded Ms. Avery. “Thank you to our sponsors for making the Flavor Pavilion possible, and congratulations to Elite Spice, Gamay Food Ingredients, and all who participated in the Flavor Pavilion.”
About SNAC International – Founded in 1937, SNAC International (formerly Snack Food Association) is the leading international trade association for the snack industry representing over 400 companies worldwide, including suppliers, marketers and manufacturers. Upon its three pillars of education, advocacy, and networking, SNAC is committed to connecting the snack industry to create growth and opportunity. For more information, visit www.snacintl.org.