Top 10 Most Innovative Products Competition Winners
1. Global Gardens Group’s Veggemo (Advantage Sales and Marketing) Booth 603 This new vegetable blend is a non-dairy beverage like no other! Veggemo is a great product for consumers looking for alternatives to dairy products that meet their needs while providing the nutritional delivery, taste and texture that they expect. Veggemo comes in 3 flavours, original, unsweetened and vanilla.
2. Natural Delights Date Rolls (Bard Valley Natural Delights/ Bard Valley Medjool Date Growers Association) Booth 1609 Natural Delights’ new Medjool Date Rolls are luscious and soft, with a texture like a brownie, but with the sweet, caramel flavour of dates. Each Date Roll is made of chopped, compressed dates rolled in your choice of coconut flakes or chopped almonds. They have 3 new flavours available seasonally for a limited time: pumpkin pie spiced rolls, dark chocolate orange and lemon crunch.
3. Nordica Smooth Cottage Cheese (Gay Lea Foods Co-operative Limited) BOOTH 1118 Nordica smooth cottage cheese is the first of its kind smooth cottage cheese. Traditional cottage cheese is a ‘love it, or hate it’ type product. This new product is high in protein, low in calories and smooth. It comes in two delicious flavours salted caramel and vanilla bean.
4. Popping Pops (Nestlé Canada) Booth 803 New Popping Pops flavoured ice pops come with an exciting surprise popping centre! They come in 3 delicious flavours strawberry, orange and lemon and are a refreshing and tasty treat that also contains no artificial colours or flavours.
5. Prema Chai Spiced Tea (Prema Chai/Original Prema Chai Inc.) Booth1826 Prema Chai is the first and only ready-to-drink, traditionally brewed chai beverage on the market that is crafted from an authentic recipe passed down from generations. Prema Chai is made with 100% fresh Canadian milk, USDA certified organic black tea, non-gmo cane sugar, and all natural spices. That’s it!
6. Tandoori Lasagna (Tandoori Oven) Booth 1624 This product combines the comfort of a rich creamy lasagna, with the bold spices the Indian subcontinent is famous for. An innovation in fusion cuisine and perfect if you can’t decide whether you wanted Indian or Italian for dinner. This creation will warm tummies on even the coldest Canadian winter night.
7. ChewSome Soft Candy (Redfrog Enterprises Ltd.) Booth 1814 ChewSome is a Xylitol coated soft candy, so it actually protects teeth plaque and from decaying as it inhibits plaque and dental cavities. It is also good for diabetics who love candy, because it is a sugarless sweetner.
8. Bottle Green’s Tonic Water (Tree of Life) Booth 1109 A crafted blend of fruit and botanicals creating delicious contemporary designed flavoured Tonic Water to enhance and augment high end quality spirits. It comes in classic, pomegranate and elderflower.
9. Coupgon App (Coupgon) Booth 733 Coupgon is Canada’s first fully digital grocery coupon solution. Using the mobile app, customers can clip and redeem ‘coupgons’ using their smartphone. Partnered with nearly 800 stores in Canada this technology is a green solution to the over 300 billion coupons that were printed and distributed in 2014.
10. Flow Water (Flow Water Inc. – Unique Foods) Booth 1809 Flow Water is naturally alkaline spring water, meaning it has natural electrolytes, alkaline and vitamins and minerals essential to your diet, like calcium and potassium. This product and comes in an environmentally friendly tetra pack made from recycled materials. The health benefits come from the spring water, which is of the highest quality because of its uniques geological conditions. Fed from a glacier into an aquifer with a limestone base, this water has a silky delicious taste.